# QOwnNotesAPI Nextcloud App
QOwnNotesAPI (opens new window) can handle the access to trashed notes and note versions for you.
You can enable QOwnNotesAPI directly in your Nextcloud or ownCloud instance by searching for
in your server's Apps page at
Note sharing is done via the API provided by Nextcloud / ownCloud. Tasks are accessed directly via CalDAV.
Use your Nextcloud / ownCloud sync client to sync your notes, your notes are simple markdown files. There is no need to invent the wheel twice. And there are also people who are using different services to sync their note files (like Dropbox, Syncthing or Resilio Sync).
# What QOwnNotesAPI does
- Accessing your trashed notes
- Accessing your note versions
# What QOwnNotesAPI doesn't do
- Syncing your notes (please use your ownCloud / Nextcloud sync client)
- Sharing notes (that is done directly via the ownCloud / Nextcloud API)
- Accessing images from Nextcloud Text (opens new window) (that is done directly via the Nextcloud API)
Made by Patrizio Bekerle with ❤️